Projex Partners provides project management, consulting engineering and planning services.
We are a multi-disciplinary consulting practice with an experienced team of qualified professionals, who are highly motivated and have a strong commitment to service, quality and business ethics. Our philosophy is to build strong relationships through outstanding teamwork, respect and trust, and we firmly believe that this starts with attracting and retaining the right team members.
More information on what we do and our projects can be found at www.projexpartners.com.au.
About the Opportunity
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to manage our Mackay Office and manage / direct projects, guide, review and certify detailed design and modelling, mentor younger staff, and help the business pursue further exciting opportunities in the Mackay Region. You would be involved with a broad range of projects and work with other experienced engineers, technical and administrative staff and would be responsible for Business Operations of our Mackay office.
Key aspects of the role involve assistance in:
- Office Management;
- Project management / direction including management of staff, deliverables, timeframes, budget and communications with clients, authorities, sub consultants and contractors;
- Review and certification of civil design for roads, drainage systems, sewerage infrastructure and water supply infrastructure;
- Civil design for urban and rural roads and intersections;
- Proposals, business development and participation at industry events;
- Urban drainage design (including underground networks and culverts);
- Traffic modelling and traffic reports;
- Contract administration and management;
- Quality assurance documentation and continual system improvement;
- Potential opportunities to assist with structural design.
We are looking for a motivated individual that:
- Has a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Has 5-10 years full-time post graduate experience;
- Is a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) (or eligible to obtain within 3 months);
- Has excellent communication skills;
- Has the technical expertise, motivation and business acumen to manage and grow our Mackay presence, and manage / direct multiple projects of varying types;
- Has the ability to work in and lead design teams;
- Is passionate about civil engineering design and project management;
- Has a strong desire to further their technical knowledge growth;
- Wishes to work in a company where their contribution will be recognised as making a real difference.
How To Apply
Please submit your application by email to